Tuesday, February 20, 2007

a. Technology Writings: Why the Web Is Like a Rain Forest by Steven Johnson

Web 2.0 provides unlimited possibilities to web applications. It revolutionaized the way information is being delivered. Anyone can now easily obtain and broadcast information effectively on the web.

When I first heard of Web2.0, I was in ITP404 intermediate web development class of USC. By that time, my understanding of this concept was limited to some new technologies related to it, such as AJAX and SOAP, based on which we actually did projects. It was more like another programming class to me. But this article givesd me a more rounded understanding of Web2.0. it talks about the impact of blog searching and tag-based interest communities, which really stretch my thoughts beyond plain web scripting.

2 comments:

McNeile said...

One of the things that is so amazing to me is the fact that almost all of the mega data gathering work is done without any human intervention at all. I think it is really cool to see the melding of human creativity and robotic intelligence.

Anil Motwani said...

i love it. it's a great diversion from productive activity when you find random clips of hilarity on sites like youtube, and conversely, sites like youtube contain substantive material that may actual help with schoolwork- like a congressional hearing, publicized tv interview, news report or something else worthy of the replay value